In this TechNet Radio podcast, I join my friend and colleague, Keith Mayer, for the fourth part in his “Building Your Hybrid Cloud” Series. We walk through managing cloud foundations with Windows Server 2012 R2. Tune in as we drill down into what management tools are available as well as introduce the new features found in PowerShell 4.0.
- [1:33] Series Review
- [4:53] Review What’s New in Windows Server 2012 R2
- [5:10] Overview of Management Capabilities in 2012 R2
- [8:05] DEMO: Server Manager 20-12 R2
- [16:13] Using PowerShell to manage the Data Abstraction Layer (DAL)
- [19:08] DEMO: DAL PowerShell cmdlets for managing remote servers via BMC’s
- [24:04] Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- [27:50] DEMO: Walk-through DSC Configuration
- [36:58] Other PowerShell 4.0 Enhancements
Don’t forget to check out the podcasts from earlier in the series, too.
- TechNet Radio: (Part 1) Building Your Hybrid Cloud – Windows Server 2012 R2 Storage Foundation
- TechNet Radio: (Part 2) Building Your Hybrid Cloud – Hyper-V Enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2
- TechNet Radio: (Part 3) Building Your Hybrid Cloud – Networking Enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2