Jessica DeVitawelcomes Gene Kim, co-author of “The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps And Helping Your Business Win” and founder and former CTO of Tripwire to the show as they kick off this special “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio.
Tune in as they dive into the world of DevOps and learn how this high performance concept is revolutionizing the tech industry. In Part 1 they provide a foundation for why this is important for IT Pros as well as dispel some common myths while shedding light on how everyone – from IT Pros, developers, businesses, end-users and customers can greatly benefit by building DevOps into their organization.
What in this Video:
- [0:44] What is DevOps?
- [3:03] Is DevOps a new role or new tool?
- [8:03] Does DevOps encourage Developers to perform Operations/IT Pro tasks themselves? Is it NoOps?
- [13:44] Is “DevOps” just another name for Agile development?
- [15:45] Tell me about this idea of “technical debt”
- [17:54] What causes high performance in organizations that practice DevOps?
- [20:25] How should an IT organization begin thinking about transitioning towards DevOps? How do we start?
- [24:30] Why is “DevOps” important to IT Pros?
- [28:13] Where can people go to learn more about DevOps?