This is the 2nd to last week of the “Modernizing Your Infrastructure with Hybrid Cloud” series and in part 5, Yung Chou and Keith Mayer demonstrate ways in which you can manage and automate your hybrid cloud environment. Tune in for this demo heavy session as they showcase System Center, Microsoft Azure and the Windows Azure Pack as well as PowerShell for Azure, PowerShell DSC for configuration management and Azure Automation for automated runbooks.
- [1:15] When architecting a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, what are some of the important considerations relating to management and automation?
- [4:09] You mentioned PowerShell for automation … how can PowerShell be leveraged for automation in a Hybrid Cloud?
- [7:54] Is PowerShell my ONLY choice? Are there other automation and configuration management solutions available for a Hybrid Cloud?
- [11:12] DEMO: Let’s see some of this in action
- Brief tour of System Center and Azure / Azure Pack management portal interfaces
- Getting started with PowerShell for Azure, Azure Pack automation
- Intro to PowerShell DSC for configuration management
- Intro to Azure Automation for automated runbooks
Also upcoming for the blog posts related to this week:
- Tue: Getting Started with On-Demand Private Clouds with Azure Pack by Keith Mayer
- Wed: Automating the Hybrid Cloud with PowerShell and Azure Automation by Keith Mayer
- Thu: PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) by Kevin Remde
- Fri: Monitoring the Hybrid Cloud by Dan Stolts