I’m looking forward to spending a couple days in Las Vegas next month at the Vertafore Connection Tour so I can chat with other people who are using ImageRight. We’ll be looking to upgrade to version 5.2 soon and here are some of the new and improved features. You can find these and more in the version 5 release notes.
- The ImageRight Application Server is certified for Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit).
- The ImageRight Desktop is certified for Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit).
- Installer was improved to make the selection of native vs. integrated (AD) security more user friendly.
- Created a Microsoft Outlook plug-in that will allow users to work ImageRight tasks directly from Outlook. (additional licenses required)
- The user interface for Business Process Reporting has been redesigned for a better experience. Includes reports for managers to see volume of images being added by users.
- The enteprise scanner application now has keyboard shortcuts and Windows access keys for many of the menus.
- ImageRight Desktop can now run inside IE 7 or higher, by utitizing Click Once technology. (This will probably be great for remote access scenarios!)
- Export utility allows for bulk exports based on file search or flat file parser. (There used to be a bulk exporter in version 3.5, but it was not ported to version 4.0. I’m looking forward to having it back in version 5.2.)
- Device Merge Utility provides the ability to merge images from an existing storage device to one or more other storage devices.
- The burning service can now support blu-ray discs.
- Retention Management functions have been added, to allow sites to set retention and cut off dates throughout the system. (additional licensing required)
Many of these features are just what I’ve been wishing for. I hope its all worth the wait!