Came across some handy keyboard shortcuts for Windows 7, courtesy of Brainstorm, Inc. Check out their website for some other free Windows 7 tips.
- Windows Key – Opens and closes the Start menu, so its a quick way to get to Instant Search
- Windows Key + Left or Right arrow – Snaps the active windows to the right or left side of the screen
- Windows Key + Home – Minimizes all but the active window
- Windows Key + M – Minimizes all open windows
- Windows Key + Shift + M – Restores all open windows
- Windows Key + D – Shows the desktop
- Windows Key + R – Opens the RUN dialog window
- Windows Key + U – Opens the Ease of Access Center
- Windows Key + T – Scrolls through items on your Taskbar
- Windows Key + (+/-) – Zooms in/out; opens Magnifier
- Windows Key + L – Locks the computer
Some keyboard shortcuts use keys that are embedded on a laptop keyboard (like HOME), I tend to avoid. It doesn’t seem like much of a shortcut when I have to deal with the “Fn” key. As for that Windows + L combination? It’s going to take a long time for me to break the habit of using Ctrl-Alt-Del.