Looking to fill your calendar with some free or low cost tech events in early 2011? Consider some of these:
- TechNet Events Presents: Virtualization 101 – Microsoft Evangelists will talk about the creation of the hypervisor and demonstrate usage scenaros ranging from the home user up to multinational corporations. Discussions will also include how virtualization has given rise to “the Cloud”. The event is free and will be in San Francisco on 2/2/11, but check the list for dates in Los Angeles, Irvine, Denver, Portland and others locations on the west coast.
- Data Connectors Tech-Security Conferences – Just like the one-day event I attended a few weeks ago, Data Connectors will be all over the west coast in early 2011. In particular, find it in San Jose, CA on 2/10/11.
- She’s Geeky unConference – For all those women who embrace their geekiness, save the date for “She’s Geeky Bay Area #4” running January 28-30th.
- Register by 1/21 and snag a free Expo Only pass to the SPTechCon (The SharePoint Technology Conference) in San Francisco February 7-9th. The full event doesn’t fall into the “low cost” category, but if SharePoint is your thing, you might want consider more than just the expo.
- RSA 2011 – Another one of my favorites, the “Expo Plus” pass at RSA gets you into the expo hall, the keynotes and one conference session of your choice. RSA will be at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, February 14-18th.
Plan your time well and you won’t have to be in the office for much of the first quarter!