A couple weeks ago, I started experiencing a curious problem with Google Calendar on my netbook. I’m running IE 8 (8.0.7601.16562 to be exact) and every time I loaded up my calendar I got a message alerting me about using and unsupported browser.
“Sorry, you are trying to use Google Calendar with a browser that isn’t currently supported…”
Since I’m also using IE8 at work (version 8.0.7600.16385) without any calendar issues, I did what many sysadmins do when stuff doesn’t work on their own computers – I ignored it for a while, hoping it would just resolve itself.
However, today I did a little looking around and found the issue, which ironically is caused by the Google ChromeFrame Add-In. I turned that off and the calendar now loads without any error messages. The version of the add-in I had installed was ChromeFrame 8.0.552.224.