Looking for something else to read about? Need to add something else to your list of things to accomplish?
If you hold any of the current certifications list below and haven’t thought about taking an exam in a while, you might want to check your calendar and thing about upgrading your certifications this summer. Several of the exams required for these certifications will be retired on July 31, 2013 and the certification will then be considered “legacy” and no longer attainable once August roles around.
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
The 70-417 exam is the upgrade exam for to bring all these certifications up the new MCSA: Windows Server 2012. This exam also will also upgrade:
- MSCA: Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
While this might not affect your current certification status, it’s always a good thing to check in on retiring exams regularly and reassess your goals for staying current with technologies.