In case you are curious, there are 8 parts to this TechNet Radio series, so expect 2 more. Part 8 will be especially exciting since I’ll be the host!
In Part 5 of the “Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud” series on TechNet Radio, Tommy Patterson welcomes Developer Technology Solutions Specialist Randy Pagels to the show as they discuss ways in which your budding DevOps organization can find effective testing methods by using Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio Online.
- [2:00]Why is having an effective Testing process so critical when an organization is considering their DevOps strategy?
- [4:50] How does Visual Studio Online + Azure help to streamline and accelerate the testing process?
- [6:00] Performance is another area that Dev and Ops teams struggle with prior to the release of a solution, how can it be tested to determine what kind of load it can handle?
- [8:30] What’s the difference between test plan management in Visual Studio Online vs Visual Studio Ultimate?
- [9:00] DEMO: Creating and walking through a web-based test plan in Visual Studio Online
Continuing the series in Part 6, Yung Chou welcomes Sr. Program Manager Charles Joy to the show as they discuss the be the importance of automation in your datacenter especially when it comes to advancing your DevOps strategy.
- [2:36] How does automation help organizations accelerate the delivery of new solutions as they move to the Cloud?
- [5:18] What tools and resources are available to help IT Pros get started with automation? Do they need to be a professional “scripter”?
- [6:04] Do IT Pros need to learn a different set of tools for automating each component?
- [6:26] If an IT Pro is automating cloud resources in Azure, do they have to spin up an entire set of infrastructure components just to handle automation? How does Azure automation organize and leverage these automation sequences?
- [7:22] How can Runbooks be triggered? Based on schedule? Based on other events?
- [8:24] Is Azure Automation extensible? Can I incorporate other PowerShell modules?
- [9:10] DEMO: Quick walkthrough of Azure Automation accounts, assets, runbooks, schedule