- Introduction to VMware to Hyper-V Migration & Partner Solution Overview
- Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC) 2.0 for VMware to Hyper-V & Azure Migration
- Xtreme VM Migrator for VMware to Hyper-V Migration
- NetApp MAT4SHIFT for VMware to Hyper-V Migration
- 5nine Software V2V Easy Converter 4.0 for VMware to Hyper-V Migration
- Vision Solutions DoubleTake Move for VMware to Hyper-V & Azure Migration
It’s Tuesday, so a perfect time to flashback to some sessions that looked interesting to me from Day 2 of TechEd 2014. These are all available on Channel 9.
- Effortless Migration from VMware to Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V (DCIM-B412)
- Best Practices for Integrating On-Premise Datacenters with Microsoft Azure IaaS (DCIM-B330)
- Security and Microsoft Azure IaaS (DCIM-B385)
- TWC: Data Privacy and Protection in the Cloud (OFC-B233)
- Group Policy: Notes from the Field – Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting (WIN-B328)
- TWC: Social Engineering: Manipulations, Targeted Attacks, and IT Security (PCIT-B319)
Go forth and learn something today!
In an increasingly multi-hypervisor world, more and more IT organizations are using Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft Azure to achieve superior performance and workload flexibility at the best possible price. With nearly two-thirds of businesses on more than one virtualization platform, adding Microsoft virtualization and cloud skills to your technical repertoire can improve your career options and prepare you to face new IT demands.
What is Early Experts?
Microsoft Early Experts is a free, online study group for virtualization professionals who want to extend their Microsoft Hyper-V, System Center and Microsoft Azure knowledge with official Microsoft certifications. We’ve organized our high-impact learning resources into online Knowledge Quests that include concise videos, prescriptive study materials and hands-on practice with real products. Complete the weekly quests at your own pace and enjoy the flexibility to stop and review certain topics when you need more time.
Rewards and Prizes (U.S. Only)
Complete the online Quests and receive a completion badge suitable for printing or sharing online to showcase your new skills with Microsoft virtualization! In addition, IT Pros located in the U.S. are eligible to win one of several cool prizes during monthly prize drawings in April, May and June 2014. **
If you’re located outside of the U.S., you’re certainly still welcome to join us and take advantage of the Early Experts study materials to help you prepare for certification.
The clock is ticking … Join us today!
Early Experts study groups are forming now for existing VMware / Virtualization professionals targeting the following Microsoft certification:
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to IT Professionals who are legal residents of the 50 U.S. states or D.C., 18+. Sweepstakes ends on June 30, 2014. See Official Rules.
Free Online Event: Virtualizing Your Data Center with Hyper-V and System Center
- Introduction to Microsoft Virtualization
- Host Configuration
- Virtual Machine Clustering and Resiliency
- Virtual Machine Configuration
- Virtual Machine Mobility
- Virtual Machine Replication and Protection
- Network Virtualization
- Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- Private Clouds and User Roles
- System Center 2012 R2 Data Center
- Virtualization with the Hybrid Cloud
- VMware Management, Integration, and Migration
I just kicked off the first of several Northern California IT Camps yesterday and the registration for my next three events are packed full. I wish is wasn’t so I could invite you to attend.
Most people have enjoyed the hands on labs but often want more time to “kick the tires” or want to share the experience with colleagues back in the office. We can’t really extend the access to the system since it’s gets recycled each event, but my friend and IT Pro Evangelist colleague, Kevin Remde, has taken the time to break down exactly how you can build a lab yourself, on ONE BOX. (That box does need to have at least 16GB of RAM and at least 200GB of free disk space.)
Then you can take your lab manual from class and run through it again, or test out whatever you need to test that fits your organization. Kevin has everything you need except the setup to do patching from WSUS. Say hello to my own next side project, because doing this looks like fun!
If you did happen to join me yesterday and want access to slides and other resources from the day, please visit my resources page in the navigation on the right.
Also, if you want to learn more about Hyper-V, check out this introductory JumpStart from Microsoft Virtual Academy.
Microsoft Windows Server and Systems Center Customer Research team is looking for ITPros to participate on an IT Pro panel about virtualization. If you are experienced with virtualization and cloud technologies, this is your chance to share your opinions with Microsoft.
As a member of the panel, you will have the opportunity to provide vision and feedback to the Cloud and Data Center Management Product team through surveys, focus groups, usability sessions, early design concept reviews, and customer interviews.
The research team is looking for very specific expertise profiles. Use of Microsoft products IS NOT required. To help identify if you qualify, start by completing a short survey.
Please note, this is only for customers located in the US but there is work toward extending to an international audience soon. Once again, you DO NOT have to use Microsoft products to participate.
Interested? Want to learn more? Click to access the survey.
This is for US residents only, but here’s a chance to get in on the “IT Pro Cloud OS Challenge” and will some nice prizes while learning about Hyper-V Server. The content runs through the month of November and you can find all the details below!
Build your very own Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 for FREE and Enter for a chance to win* one of the following fantastic prizes:
- Three Grand Prizes: One of three Microsoft Surface Pro 64GB devices with Type Cover keyboard cover ($828.99 USD Retail Value)
- Twenty-Five First Prizes: One of twenty-five Microsoft Certification Exam Vouchers ($150.00 USD Retail Value)
You could win a Microsoft Surface Pro or Certification Exam Voucher!
But Wait! There’s More!In addition to a chance to win one of the prizes above, EVERY ENTRANT will receive our Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 enterprise-grade bare-metal hypervisor software completely free. This is a fully functional virtualization hypervisor that supports scalability up to 320 logical processors, 4TB physical RAM, live migration and highly-available clustering. Hyper-V serves as the virtualization foundation for Private Clouds leveraging Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2.
You can enter the IT Pro“Cloud OS Challenge” Sweepstakes by completing all of the THREE EASY TASKS below to download and build your Private Cloud foundation with Hyper-V Server 2012 R2. Be sure to complete the last task to submit your proof-of-completion for entry into this sweepstakes.
- Entries must be received between November 1, 2013 and November 30, 2013 to be eligible. One entry per individual.
- This Sweepstakes is open to all IT Professionals Age 18 and over that are legal residents of the United States.
- Estimated Completion Time: 20 minutes
TASK 1 – Download Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
TASK 2 – Install Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
Install Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 in your lab environment using the installation steps linked below.
TASK 3 – Submit Proof-of-Completion
Complete the steps in this task to submit your proof-of-completion entry into the IT Pro “Cloud OS Challenge” Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of the exciting prizes listed above.
- At the console command prompt of your new Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 server, run the following command to collect your server’s configuration:
- Copy the CloudOSConfig.txt file created in Step 1 above to a USB storage device or other location that is accessible for sending an email.
- Send a new email message to CloudChallenge@microsoft.com
- IMPORTANT: In the body of the email, include this exact text:
“I’ve completed the Microsoft IT Pro Cloud OS Challenge for Hyper-V Server 2012 R2.”
- IMORTANT: Attach the file created in Step 1 into the body of the new email message created above.
- Click the Send button in your email client to submit the email message as your proof-of-completion and sweepstakes entry.
Upon submitting your entry, you will receive a confirmation email within 24-hours.
COMPLETED! But … Want more?
Now that you’ve installed Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, continue your learning and evaluation with these additional resources.
- Want to learn more about Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft Private Cloud?
- COMPLETE this Step-by-Step Guide for Hyper-V Server 2012 R2.
- MANAGE Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 with local console tools.
- CLUSTER Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 for highly available virtual machines.
- MIGRATE Virtual Machine workloads to Hyper-V Server 2012 R2.
- BUILD Your Private Cloud with System Center 2012 R2.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to IT Professionals who are legal residents of the 50 U.S. states or D.C., 18+. Sweepstakes ends November 30, 2013. For Official Rules, see http://aka.ms/CloudChallenge201311Rules.